Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Everyday Objects Opening Party at Rare Device


Last Friday night was the opening party at Rare Device for my first-ever show of my drawings, Everyday Objects (shameless self-promotional plug: the drawings from the show are available for purchase online, right here, and 10 of the 20 have not yet sold! just saying). Regular readers of this site will know that normally I have lots of words to describe everything that happens to me. But when it comes to this evening I'm still a bit dumb-struck. It was amazing and surreal and utterly delightful. I have wanted to be an artist from the first time an adult asked me "what do you want to be when you grow up?" How old are you when that first happens? Maybe three? So this is a dream I've held, sometimes in the most secret part of my heart, for nearly four decades. And it happened. So. You can see why words can't quite express it. Pictures will have to do:
















No comments:

Post a Comment