Friday, September 22, 2017

Richard Meyhew at SFMOMA


I came around a corner in SFMOMA on my way to some other gallery and was stopped dead in my tracks by this newly-hung trio of paintings by Richard Mayhew. I stood there staring and grinning like an idiot for quite a while. I cannot get over how much I adore them. I wasn't previously familiar with Mayhew's work. How? Why not?! How did I not know about these things that fit one hundred percent perfectly into the art receptors in my brain?! Well now I know, and am on a quest to find more. Word on the street is there's a purple tree of his hanging somewhere at the De Young - a pilgrimage may be in order.




1 comment:

  1. The Painting you seek is titled RHAPSODY (2002) and hangs at the de Young in Golden Gate Park SF CA. Be sure not to miss the Modigliani and the two O'Keefe's while you are there.

    ReplyDelete