Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Puerto Vallarta


We took a vacation to Mexico the other week. We stayed at a resort called Garza Blanca, about twenty minutes south of Puerto Vallarta. One day we went into the town to explore, but the rest of the time we spent at the resort, lounging and swimming at the pool or the beach. I've never in my life taken one of those lie-on-the-beach-and-do-nothing type vacations before -- our usual travel M.O. being to tromp happily around the glories of some major city, or occasionally the countryside -- and I must say I now see what all the fuss is about. It was a fabulously relaxing time. I feel spoiled and lucky to have gotten to do it. And now, when I'm bonkers busy at work or whatnot, I can summon within my soul those sunsets and pina-coladas and the salt in my hair, and almost feel my blood pressure palpably lowering.






































No comments:

Post a Comment