Tuesday, August 1, 2017

100% Clean Power in San Francisco Right Now!


I cannot get over this! It seems to be a little-known fact, but, if you live in San Francisco, you can quickly, easily, and cheaply sign up to have your home or apartment powered by 100% renewable energy. Let me say that again: 100% RENEWABLE ENERGY! Right now! Through regular old PG&E!

All you do is go to cleanpowersf.org, where you can read about the various options (there's a 40% renewable option as well as the 100% option, which, if that's what you want to do, cool -- but why have less than half an enchilada when you could have the whole enchilada?!). They make you click through a few screens to get to the actual upgrade page, but I am making your life easy by putting a shortcut to it, back there, where I said "upgrade page," oh, and again just there, and also HERE. At that point you just put in your PG&E account number and a few other bits of info and you're off to the races. And it only costs pennies more than the regular energy you're already using!

So basically, all you need is your PG&E bill, about five minutes of time, and a few extra cents, and you can feel 100% good about what's powering your fridge and your computer and lamps and whatnot.

If I seem overly hyped up about this it's because I AM. This is an extremely exciting development which, so so weirdly, no one seems to know about. Or, at least, I didn't know about it, and no one I've told about it so far knew about it. Come on San Francisco! Get your act together and let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment