Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Chronicle Books Spirit Week (Days 1 and 2)


Today is Chronicle Books' 50th anniversary! A company founded in San Francisco in the Summer of Love now finds itself fifty years old and celebrating in our own inimitable style. There's a slew of parties and other festivities to come, which I'm sure I'll report back to you on in due course. But for now I'll just tell you about the first two days of what we're calling Spirit Week. Yep, just like you remember spirit week from your school days, each day has a theme. Monday the theme was to dress in blue (blue being the official and unofficial Chronicle Books color) -- my blue look is above and the winners of the day, doing an exquisite Blues Brothers, is just below. Yesterday the theme was San Francisco and the winner was the genius who made her own Claude the Albino Alligator costume (two down). We also got to sample the custom Chronicle-themed espresso Ritual Coffee Roasters has invented to honor the occasion -- with a real coffee guy hauling his machinery in here to make us drinks (props to him - you offer publishing types free coffee and you will have a long line for a solid two hours). The blend is called Acid Trip and according to its tasting notes it tastes like "grapefruit, blood orange, rose hips, and freedom" (I love that). Group photos from both days are at the bottom of this post. Today is gold day in honor of our actual golden anniversary and I'm all decked out in the gold outfit I wore a few months back to the SFMOMA / Solange / Leah Rosenberg birthday extravaganza -- which, I'm just now realizing I never blogged a photo of! An oversight which, I've no doubt, will pretty soon be remedied.






No comments:

Post a Comment