Wednesday, March 8, 2017

PhotoNOLA and Also Just NOLA


Oh my goodness--I just realized I never posted here about my trip to New Orleans at the end of last year! I went in my professional capacity as photo book editor at Chronicle Books to review photographer's portfolios at the PhotoNOLA festival. The image directly below shows what portfolio reviewing looks--it's a little like speed-dating with reviewers looking at and discussing artists' work in twenty-minute chunks, all day, for two days--as you can imagine it's a bit of a marathon, but you get to see a ton of cool work and meet lots of interesting people. And I did also squeeze in time to see a bit of the incredible city and its architecture and its jazz and its food (that one thing a few more images down, if your curious, is a bacon ice cream sundae!).
















No comments:

Post a Comment