Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Bookish Delights of London


A few more bookish joys from my recent trip to London. Above is a picture of the bookshelf in my hotel room at Hazlitt's Hotel. I mean, just, come on!


Eating fish and chips, drinking beer, and reading P.G. Wodehouse. Ah, England!


Apparently the big trend in the UK right now is the Danish concept of Hygge (pronounced hoo-guh) which seems to roughly translate to "coziness." There is at least one other charming little gift book about it currently on bookstore shelves, in addition to the two pictured here.


The School of Life publishes the best little books and paper products--smart and inspirational without being the least bit saccharine. The above aphorism is from a little deck of cards on the subject of "calm."


Very pretty notebooks at Present and Correct (another one--along with Labour and Wait, featured here yesterday--of the Very Best Stores In London). And you should see all the erasers I bought there!


I coveted this dripping-in-gold-foil Le Carre, but did not buy.


I did buy, and read, Sue Perkins' memoir and it was utterly delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment