Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Speaking at ICON9


Almost as soon as I got back to work from sabbatical I turned back around and headed out to Austin Texas for the ICON9 illustration conference--I got to meet loads of talented folks, hang out with a boatload of my favorite authors, and go to a real Texas honky-tonk with cowboy-looking guys there. But one of the best things I did was give a workshop with my dear pal and author Julia Rothman about how to get your book published. And one of the very funnest things about speaking to illustrators is that sometimes, while you're talking, they draw you. A couple of cases in point below.


drawing by Emily Joynton (who if I'm not mistaken was also the person with the very best shirt at all of said conference)

drawing by Isabella Kung

No comments:

Post a Comment