Wednesday, February 17, 2016

A Good Day Out


The other day I had a meeting at the Mexican Museum in the morning, about an art book of theirs I'm editing for Chronicle Books, and then lunch at the California Academy of Sciences to chat about this and that. Both were really good work meetings, but what was maybe even more fun was walking to each one (can I just say how much I adore not driving but rather walking all around and seeing my city? a lot, that's how much). I had to take a strange detour up a secret staircase to get to Fort Mason because the usual path was closed, and man this new path was a thing of beauty. Then I got to sneak a peek at a very cool show of abstract paintings by Peter Rodriguez. Then a walk through Golden Gate Park where the magnolias were going insane. And last at the Cal Academy I popped in real quick to say hi to the penguins and Claude the albino alligator.


















No comments:

Post a Comment