Thursday, October 15, 2015

The Long-Running Poem Series About the Summer of 2006 Continues Like This



July 13, 2006
There exists in my office

a pretty thin well-dressed girl
who is a forthright vending machine patron
I am fascinated
She takes little morning and afternoon breaks
and I often see her in the kitchen
when I go to fill my glass of water
in her stylish clothes
buying snacks from the machine
I don’t know what she buys
I mean I’m not that nosey
or ok maybe just not that observant
But I can’t help but surmise
that she feels none of the shame
I do on the relatively rare occasions
that I buy junk from in there
Then again what do I know of her feelings?
Maybe she does it every day
and then beats herself up about it every day
But I hope not


image source is here

No comments:

Post a Comment