Friday, October 30, 2015

Oakland Art Outing


I took a little one-woman field trip to check out some art shows in Oakland.

First, above and below, I saw the brilliant Leah Rosenberg's new show "Where Once Was None" at Pro Arts Gallery (based upon materials created when she was artist in residence at Irving Street Projects, as seen here). Love love love.






Also at Pro Arts were these three pieces (above and below) by Tamra Seal. I particularly liked the wall of colorful soap dispensers.




Next I went to the Mills College Art Museum to check out the show Public Works: Artists' Interventions 1970s-Now, curated by my author and pal Christian Frock. 


Susan O'Malley


I was running a bit late so didn't have time to take a lot of pictures, but here are a few great pieces from the show. Above, Jenny Holzer.


Guerrilla Girls


Bonnie Sherk


Laurie Jo Reynolds


Karen Finley


And, outside, near an empty birdbath, I spotted one of Candy Chang's public art projects in action. 

No comments:

Post a Comment