Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Bookish Girlishness


I'm doing it again. I've mentioned several times before how, over the years, one of my preferred easy-reading genres (alongside murder mysteries) has become YA novels. Every time I read one I think the same thing: man, I wish there were books like this when I was a teenaged girl! And then I immediately want to read another one. As if I can retroactively get my fill. Which is a little bit like thinking I should eat too much turkey this Thanksgiving because last year I didn't put enough on my plate. But what the heck--there are relatively few self-indulgent pleasures so harmless and benign as this one. You know you're a nerd when even your vices are bookish.

Anyhow, here's what I've been reading just lately: This One Summer by Jillian Tamaki and Mariko Tamaki, Sisters by Raina Telgemeier, and Mermaid in Chelsea Creek by Michelle Tea. All highly recommended.



photo sources are here, here, and here

No comments:

Post a Comment