Friday, August 1, 2014

Uta Barth



Some art crushes come upon you all at once--you see a show or even a web feature and bam! you are smitten. Others sneak up on you more gradually. An image here, an image there, bit by bit someone's work is creeping into your consciousness. By the time you realize you are fully in love with this work it's already happened almost without you even knowing it was happening. Such, for me, is the photography of Uta Barth. Have I known it was lovely and that I liked it for a long time? Yes. Have I even mentioned it in passing a few times on this site before? Yes. But had the fact that indeed I was in the midst of a full-blown art schwarm with these dreamy blurry light-filled images somehow mysteriously escaped me up until now? Yes again. But now I know. And knowing, I can share.










No comments:

Post a Comment