Thursday, August 7, 2014

Here is the Next Installment in the Long-Running Poem Series About the Spring of 2006



April 18, 2006
Today for lunch

I went to the bakery
for a salad and a piece
of crusty sourdough bread with butter
It’s really all about the bread and butter there
Although I have also been wanting
a salad for lunch
since the weather really does seem
not to speak to soon
to finally have turned the corner
And real yellow spring sunshine
is clearly green salad weather

I kind of like that place
though it’s a bit corny
because of the bread and butter
and also because of the little mezzanine
where you can eat facing the windows
overlooking market street
and because of the pressed-tin ceiling

But I haven’t been there since
my boss left on his three-month sabbatical
because they can be dreadfully slow
and I’ve been taking short lunches
So now that he is back
it seemed like time to go



image source is here

No comments:

Post a Comment