Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Holiday Gift Guide 2013


I had the honor of curating a holiday gift guide over at shoppingsmycardio.com the other week. And now I reproduce it here for you and your last minute xmas shopping needs. With special thanks to Becki Singer for letting me reproduce her stunning graphic, above. Now, on to the cool stuff:
  1. I think these necklaces made by Emily Green are the most stunning thing ever. I covet one for myself, but would also gift one to my bestest and most stylish girlfriend. Emily Green bead necklaces, from $49
  2. For anyone who has ever wanted to take pictures of the great fashion looks they see on the street, but been too shy or intimidated to try it, this book takes away all the scary and makes it do-able and fun! Street Fashion Photography, $20
  3. If I were going to splurge on one thing for myself this holiday season, there’s no question it would be a Marimekko dress. The only hard part would be choosing which one. Wouldn’t this one be perfect for holiday parties? Marimekko Soma dress, $295
  4. Shameless self-promotion alert: I not only edited this book, I am also its author! I could not be more proud to have pulled together the first-ever crowd-sourced book of Instagrams! Anyone hooked on the app will (I hope!) really love this book. This is Happening, $13 
  5. The dozens of artists in this book make their artworks from old discarded books that would otherwise be thrown away. The things they do with them are just incredible! Perfect for art lovers and book lovers alike. Art Made From Books, $28
  6. I bought my husband Heath Ceramics bowls for his birthday, and it was such a success, I am seriously considering following up with dinner plates or a set of deep serving bowls (hope he doesn’t read this!). Heath Ceramics deep serving bowls, $62
  7. I don’t think anything shows a person how much you admire and esteem them more than giving them a piece of art, and a photo print is such a nice affordable way to make that happen. This one has the added bonus of sending a message of affection. Jen Gotch “Baby, don’t let our love deflate” Polaroid print, from $25 
  8. A hand-painted clutch? Come on! Too lovely. Perfect for the girl chic enough to carry a clutch, but playful enough to want one that’s whimsical. Kindah Khalidy clutches, $46-86
  9. For one friend who is a serious home sewer, and for another friend who aspires to being a serious home sewer. Either way, this box of incredibly beautiful notions is a treasure trove to open. Merchant & Mills notions set, $75
  10. These adorable and comfy ballet flats made of rubber (perfect for rainy weather!) come in a jillion colors, and are packed in a super cute box! I’ve never given anyone shoes for Christmas before, but this could be the thing that convinces me to start. Oka B. Taylor ballet flats, $42 (also here)
  11. This car is the perfect gift for kids of any age – even playful adults might like it as a cute desk ornament. Really, is there anyone you know who doesn’t need a satisfyingly chunky pink plastic car? I’ve given it tons of times and see no end in sight. Kid O Go Car, $11
  12. A good tablet case seems to be so very hard to find. This one is pricey but so utterly beautiful that I feel sure anyone you gave it to would pretty much fall over with happiness. Clare Vivier iPad case, $65-135

No comments:

Post a Comment