Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Things Which Are White and Go Off Into the Distance at an Oblique Angle


The other day I was trying to use the handy dandy reverse Google image search (if you don't know what this is, go to regular Google image search, click on the little camera icon to the right of the search box, and prepare to be amazed), to locate the source of the above photograph. I was posting it as my photo of the day on Silas & Eppie, the found-image pairing project I do with my dad each weekday morning. I'd originally come across this snowy scene so long ago that I couldn't remember where I found it or who took the photo or anything, and I don't like to run things unattributed if I can possibly help it. Usually, the reverse image search does the trick in such cases, but in this instance it came up unsuccessful, no matching versions of this image could be found. Odd, that, and disappointing. But more than making up for that disapointment where the wonders presented to my eyes by the "visually similar" images that the search bots did find and see fit to display for me. Check it out:







image sources are here, here, here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment