Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Continuing Poem Series About the Winter of 2006 Carries On Like This



February 19, 2006
What upsets me

is when I notice
I am fretting
about work
during the rest of my life
while in the shower
or in bed or making dinner

I get angry
It’s just ridiculous!
I don’t work anything out
or come to any useful conclusions
or anything
I just rotate all the details
of whatever given problem
in my mind again and again
Like gray and brown rocks in a tumbler
that never get smooth

When I’m at home I don’t want
to worry about work
I exclaim in a huff

Bill says you have to accept the worry and just
let it pass through you and then move on

My father says you have to
“care and not care at the same time”

I say it’s five o’clock on Friday and I’m going home


image source is here

No comments:

Post a Comment