Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Snow!


My trip to New York last week was so full of visual excitement and inspiration that it's almost hard to know where to begin. Almost. For this California girl, however, the most beautiful part of the trip was really quite clear--the sight of snow falling outside her hotel window on Friday morning. I think I can say in honest truth that I can quite literally count on one hand the times I've seen snow falling out of the sky. And it is so so so so so freaking pretty! The quite drifting magic off it. It even smells good! And I must say that I'm super proud of the fact that I even walked several blocks amongst the flakes, on un-shoveled sidewalks, without falling down on my butt (those who know me, and my innate clumsiness, well will readily appreciate the magnitude of this accomplishment), all due to this handy diagram I happened to see before leaving, about how to walk on ice by imitating a penguin. It also turns out that falling snow is maddeningly hard to photograph. But here are my few best efforts anyhow.




No comments:

Post a Comment