Wednesday, March 20, 2013

NYC Book Shopping


Another one of the great many things I did while in New York was shop. Here are the books I bought (I also bought a whole bunch of published items that are not books per se, but will save those for another day):

They Called Her Styrene by Ed Ruscha

Draw it With Your Eyes Closed: The Art of the Art Assignment by Paper Monument

Bridges by Nigel Peake

Art History: A Very Short Introduction by Dana Arnold

On Booze by F. Scott Fitzgerald

All these volumes share some qualities I love--both in the books I buy and the books I work on: they are artful and beautifully designed, full of fascinating content packed into a relatively small, affordable, jewel-box-like package, and they all just have that alchemical magic--that je ne sais quoi that makes them call out to you from a shelf or a table in a store and say "me! pick me!". So I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment