Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Retreat!


Today I'll be away from my office, attending an all-day retreat for the group of us who make art books. Do you know what you get when put the word "retreat" into Google Image Search? Paintings of Napoleon's retreat from Moscow, like the one above by Piotr Stojanow (1887-1894), and pictures of white people holding hands in a circle in front of a teepee. Hopefully today will not resemble either of these images. I've heard we're going to a cool place in the Dog Patch with art and coffee there, and that we will be discussing publishing strategy. But if we end up slogging through the snow or singing Kumbaya instead I promise you'll be the first to know.


UPDATE 2/28/13: Actually, it looked like this:



image source for second photo is here
bottom photo of yours truly by my pal Peter Perez

No comments:

Post a Comment