Friday, February 22, 2013

Elephant House


Google brings my attention to the fact that today is Edward Gorey's 88th birthday. No doubt many people will be be inspired by this fact to do some fine online round-ups of his fantastic artwork. But I'd like to take the chance to mention, instead, another delightful aspect of his creative output--his home, Elephant House, specifically as celebrated in a very fine book of photographs by Kevin McDermott. I'm actually quite surprised to discover that I never featured this book here back when I was highlighting art books from my own collection on Fridays. It's absolutely one of my faves. Perhaps I was saving it up. Anyhow, I haven't had a chance to photograph it today, so instead you're just getting a few visual bits and pieces I could glean online this morning (both by McDermott, and not). RIP Edward (insert apropos morbid/witty Ghastlycrumb Tinies reference here).


No comments:

Post a Comment