Thursday, February 14, 2013

Another Installment in the Long-Running Poem Series About the Winter of 2006


January 19, 2006
This morning I saw a man taking a picture

of some stickers on a wall
Those gorilla art
graffiti type stickers
with rough drawings on them in black sharpie
Three or four on a dark shiny tile wall
peeling at the edges in the rain

Seeing him seeing those
made me then see
all the rest of the tagging
and weird art paste-ups on the walls
the rest of the way down the street

And I suddenly realized how golden it is
to find out what other people are zeroing in on
since it’s probably not the same as what I am

and that spotting what folks on the street
are photographing
is a prime way to do that
since photography
and also sketching I believe
are the more common methods of doing
what I’m trying to do here in words


image source is here

No comments:

Post a Comment