Friday, September 28, 2012

Installation Art


As I scamper about among the art blogs, I've recently been finding myself especially drawn to installation art. I think the reasons for this will become apparent once I've shown you these three disparate, but all amazing, pieces. Above "Prismatic Vortex" by Amanda Browder, as seen on Brown Paper Bag.


Then there's "Giant Slugs" by Florentijn Hofman (yes, those really are humongous slugs formed from plastic bags, crawling up the steps of an ancient French town), which was brought to my attention by Beautiful Decay


And finally this installation of thousands of books and LED lights all over a street in Melbourne by the collective Luzinterruptus, also featured on Beautiful Decay (which, as you can perhaps guess, has been one of my favorite reads lately).

No comments:

Post a Comment