Wednesday, March 14, 2012

An Anthropology Expedition to Anthropologie

I'm always delighted to shop for clothes, I must admit, at that mecca of femmy abundance, Anthropologie. But the other day I was there for a somewhat different purpose. A few coworkers and I stopped by to take a look at their book selection.

The first thing we noticed upon arriving was that this moment's iteration of their always-creative window displays featured an artistic painting theme. Indeed, there was a little message on one of the windows that said "Inspired by Abstract Expressionism." I love it when ideas from the world of art pop up everywhere, I really do.

So, on to the books! Of course there were many (many!), but here is just a little sampling of what interested me most from a personal and professional point of view. Above, The Perfectly Imperfect Home by Deborah Needleman, with illustrations by the delightful Virgina Johnson.

Creative Walls: How to Display and Enjoy Your Treasured Collections by Geraldine James.

Chiharu Shiota by Mami Kataoka, James Putman, and Chiharu Shiota.

Performing/Guzzling by Kim Gordon.

The latest issue of the 3191 Quarterly brought out by Maria Vettese and Stephanie Congdon Barnes.

Cy Twombly: Fifty Years of Works on Paper by Julie Sylvester and Cy Twombly.

William Wordsworth selected by Seamus Heaney, and Unpacking my Library: Writers and Their Books by Leah Price.

And I totally fell for these schoolbag style leather journals (unlined! my favorite) in kelly green and chartreuse.


No comments:

Post a Comment