Friday, January 20, 2012

I Wonder


I am pretty much totally in awe of this book, I Wonder by Marian Bantjes. A collection of essays and musings on visual culture as it relates to "wonder, honor, and memory" is used as the occasion to illuminate every single page with a different astonishingly complex design. Bantjes work truly is unique among graphic designers--she takes design elements and typography to places no one else does. The amount of work that must have gone into this project is simply staggering.  As are the effects achieved with what can only have been a hefty production budget--a cloth case printed all over with gold and silver foils, gilt fore-edges on the book block, and metallic gold ink used liberally throughout the interior. Regular readers may recall I mentioned this book recently when posting about my current gold obsession, and it's easy to see why--











No comments:

Post a Comment