Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Flowered Shirt Pals


Well, obviously I did not take this Polaroid myself. But I include it in the ongoing series of baby images anyway, because it illustrates so well that point I'm always banging on about: this is only a few months ago--indeed, Mabel still wears all those same clothes--and I distinctly recall thinking at the time that it was a great illustration of what a big girl she had become. But now to me she looks tiny here. A wee sprite of a baby compared to the large child of today. Four months from now, of course, I will think the same thing about the pictures of her I took this weekend. And on and on forever until I am a deterring old lady and she is middle-aged and no longer appreciates at all my telling her how much older she looks from the last time I saw her!

No comments:

Post a Comment