Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Inspiration Grab Bag


When choosing what book to read next, I often think of myself as following some sort of obscure through-line that connects one book to the next. Its not necessarily anything anyone else would see or follow, but the connections, perhaps thematic, perhaps atmospheric, feel real and organic in my own odd brain. Similarly I can trace connections between the form, color, look, and feel of the visuals that have been inspiring me lately.


Thus the marvelous things crafted by Confetti System (above two images and below)...


...link up in my mind to this piece by Peter Combe...


...which in turn leads me on to the work of Clyfford Still...


...and the newly opened Clyfford Still Museum in Denver...


...which then somehow brings to mind this astonishing image of the stone rhodochrosite...


 ...and the stone seems somehow connected to the fashion that's been on my mind lately, from Hound...


...and Balmain.


I'm indebted for these image finds to Beautiful, Oh Joy, and a couple of my very visually astute coworkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment