Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Signet Ring


Not too long ago I turned 35. And I decided to do that thing where I let it be known what I wanted for my birthday. And what I wanted was this: a silver signet ring with an "M" on it for Mabel. I wear this ring on the ring finger of my right hand and it makes me happy every time I look at it.


It's pretty, and it feels grown-up and ladylike (just right for a thirty-five-year-old-woman), and it reminds me of my darling daughter. One other thing about this ring is that it turned out to be nearly impossible to photograph. It's just so small! And my camera was just about not clever enough to do it. But we did manage to get these few shots, in the end, with the help of some handy household creatures--



And then, just the other day, what should I see in the "My Mom, The Style Icon" column in the back of Lucky magazine (full disclosure, my work published the (awesome) My Mom The Style Icon book), but a pretty, ladylike signet ring?


Ha! I'm so on-trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment