Friday, April 29, 2011

David Hilliard: Photographs


For this volume, David Hilliard has made two main kinds of pictures: forthright images of his own dad going about his day-to-day life, and mysteriously erotic images of young people set in the lush woods of the American South. As you'll see from the images I choose to excerpt below, the former category of images tends to resonate with me a bit more than the later (I'm a sucker for this sort of devil-in-the-details domestic-life-of-the-older-generation thing--witness my never-ending fascination with the work of Elinor Carucci and KayLynn Deveney). But I must say that the cover image, which falls squarely in the later camp, is one of my current all-time-favorite photographs.




 



1 comment:

  1. Hi Bridget, I LOVE this book and David's ongoing work. Thank you for sharing it with a wider audience!

    ReplyDelete